Last weekend for the Super Bowl, we had a low key night with just the kids over to watch the game. Aaron & Summer brought wings, Jordan was in charge of drinks and I made my Spicy Queso Dip, L’il Smokies and Cheesy Pull Apart Bread with Garlic and Bacon. I have seen several versions of this cheesy pull apart bread on Pinterest and I even had it scheduled to make for last year’s Super Bowl party, but it never happened. I was determined to give it a try this year. Unfortunately, the pictures didn’t come out great, I’m sorry for that but taking photos in a yellow kitchen in the evening seldom works out well.
- 1 large round loaf of sourdough bread mine was 1 pound
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bread on a cutting board and using a bread knife, make cuts 1" apart though the bread leaving the bottom crust intact.
- Rotate the bread 90° and repeat step one so that the loaf ends up cross-hatched into 1" squares.
- Stir the garlic salt into the melted butter.
- Using a spoon or baster, drizzle the garlic butter in between all the pieces of bread. Use all of the garlic butter.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Using the back of a spoon mash the minced garlic into a paste.
- Mix the garlic into the cream cheese.
- Stir the cheddar, Swiss, and bacon into the cream cheese mixture.
- Lay a long piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Then lay a second piece perpendicular to the first, across the middle of the first piece so they make a cross.
- Place the bread in the center of the aluminum foil.
- Stuff clumps of the cream cheese mixture down in between all of the pieces of the bread.
- Wrap the bread in the aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Open the top of the foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve hot.
This bread got mixed reviews from my family. Jordan, Summer and I liked it, Aaron wasn’t a fan and Ron never tried it, he was too busy eating the L’il Smokies up before I could even get any! I would make this again and maybe mix up the cheese selections. Personally I think these cheeses were too mild, maybe next time I’ll use cheddar jack!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!
These recipes might interest you too!
Click on the image to see the recipe.