Up until I started blogging recipes, we were in a very big food rut. We ate the same food over and over again. Our meat selections included boneless skinless chicken breasts, boneless pork chops, ground round and petite sirloin steaks. In the last year or so we have tried several new and different cuts of meat and most of them we have enjoyed. Recently I received a pork loin in a bag from the food pantry. I have eaten pork loin before but I have never cooked it. I headed to Pinterest and searched for recipes. I came across several recipes that looked interesting, so I guess I’ll be buying more pork loin, but a pin for this recipe stood out the most.
This recipe was very easy to make, it took about 5 minutes of prep time, not including defrosting the pork loin. We gobbled it up and had just a little bit left over for pulled pork sandwiches the next day.
- 2lb pork loin
- 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 2 Tbs minced dried onions
- Place the pork tenderloin in the crockpot.
- In a bowl mix together the apples, barbecue sauce and minced onions.
- Pour the sauce over the pork tenderloin.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles or with a baked potato.
- Drizzle the sauce over your meat and make sure everyone gets some apples.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!