The other night I made my Easy Crockpot Chicken. Now that there are only two of us at home, that left us plenty of leftover chicken. After dinner as I removed the chicken from the carcass, I shredded it and put it in a container in the fridge. My plan was to use that meat 2 more times that week for dinner. I was so excited to get 3 meals out of one $5.50 whole chicken! if you don’t have leftover chicken in the fridge or freezer, you can easily make your own Shredded Chicken in your crockpot.
I’ve been wanting barbecue chicken so I created these Baked Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches. They are a perfect weeknight meal. I whipped them up on a Thursday night when we have to be out of the house by 5:30pm to get to worship team practice.
- 2 cups shredded chicken-I use leftover chicken
- 4 small hoagie or hot dog rolls
- 3/4 Barbecue Sauce-I use Sweet Baby Rays
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Warm up the chicken in the microwave.
- Place the rolls in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce and the chicken until well coated.
- Divide the chicken into the rolls.
- Sprinkle the cheese over each sandwich.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is melty and rolls are crispy.
This recipe is easily adjusted up or down depending on how many sandwiches you need.
I served the sandwiches with some French fries for an easy dinner. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!