Recently, I received a 5lb frozen whole chicken from the food pantry. I brought it home and my husband asked, “What are you going to do with that?” I told him I was going to find a recipe on Pinterest and I was going to figure out how to cook it. I culled several recipes on my Recipes I Want to Try board and last weekend I bravely made my first ever whole chicken.
Why did I wait so long to learn to cook a whole chicken??? This recipe is soooo easy and very delicious. The whole family enjoyed it and we had leftovers. There were just enough leftovers for hubby and I so we heated them up with barbecue sauce and got 2 meals of out the chicken. This recipe is going into my regular meal rotation since it it affordable, easy and delicious…just remember to defrost the chicken the day before you want to cook it.
- 5 lb whole chicken
- Sea Salt
- Steak Seasoning
- Make 4 small aluminum foil balls and place them in the bottom of your crockpot. These will lift the chicken up a bit and will keep it from getting mushy on the bottom from sitting in its own juices while it cooks.
- Remove anything inside the chicken.
- Rinse the chicken.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken inside and out with the Sea Salt, Paprika and Steak Seasoning to taste
- Cook the chicken on high for 4-4.5 hours making sure a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees-not touching a bone
- Let the chicken rest on the cutting board for 15-20 minutes before carving.
Have you been chicken to try like I was? You can make this Crockpot Chicken! How do you cook a whole chicken? Leave me a comment and let me know.
These recipes might interest you too!
Click on the image to see the recipe.