Two years ago, even before Jordan had proposed to Savannah, he knew they would be going on a Carnival cruise for their honeymoon. While we were on our 2017 Multi Generational Friends and Family Cruise, we received a flier about a unique itinerary aboard the Vista. He knew that would be his honeymoon and they planned the wedding around the cruise. Savannah, who had never cruised before, was afraid she’d be bored and asked, “What’s there to do on a Carnival Cruise?”
Of course, we assured there were lots of activities they could participate in, if they chose to, or they could just relax. In the two years since she asked that question I have had several other people ask the same thing. People are so afraid they will be bored on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Let me assure you, that is not the case!
There are two ways to find out about what is going on around the ship, your Carnival Hub app and the FUNTIMES which is left in your stateroom each evening. I use both of these on every cruise. I find it easier to look at the day as a whole in the FUNTIMES but then I go to the app and favorite everything I think I might want to do. By doing this, the app alerts me 15 minutes before an activity and then I can decide if I want to go or not.
Just Some of the Carnival Cruise Activities You Can Choose From
- Trivia-mornings and afternoons are often filled with bingo games and different topical trivia games
- Crafts-Carnival has teamed up with Michael’s Crafts for crafts classes onboard the ships
- Spa time-indulge with a massage, mani-pedi, or other spa treatment
- Exercise classes are often offered in the Fitness Center, or you can workout on your own
- Play Games-Life size games of Trivial Pursuit, Sorry, Yahtzee, and Connect Four take place on the ship!
- Deck Parties!
- Mixology Contest-compete against fellow cruisers and see if you have what it takes to create the winning cocktail
- Play Bingo
- Water slides
- Shopping-the shops on the ship offer some amazing sales on Sea Days especially
- Dance Classes-tango classes, line dance classes and more are offered
- Watch movies-first run movies are shown each evening on the ships.
- Go mini-golfing
- Sing Karaoke-or laugh at those who try
- Visit the Casino to play your favorite game or enter a tournament.
- Ropes courses (on larger ships)
- Visit the Comedy Club-both PG and R shows are available
- Go to a Show in the main lounge
- Learn the art of creating towel animals
Organized Activities Not your Thing? You Can Always…
- Watch TV
- People watch
- Listen to live music
So, I hope you can see that there is no need to fear boredom on a Carnival cruise. You can do as much, or as little as you want. On our most recent cruise we napped every afternoon and it was glorious! It’s your cruise, have fun. Before you cruise make sure you take my Top 10 Must Pack Cruise Essentials with you!
If you are ready to plan your cruise vacation please Email me and we will get your cruise vacation planned.