Yes, today I am giving away peace of mind! Choosing a caregiver for your child is no easy task, especially if you are hiring someone who is not a friend or family member. There are always a lot of questions that come up during this time…How much should I pay them? What should I ask during an interview? How do I check references? There is help, Care4Hire.com is here! Care4Hire is an online database of babysitters, tutors, elder caregivers, housekeepers, pet sitters and more. You can search for registered care providers and contact them through Care4Hire.
Here are some tips we highly recommend families using when hiring a caregiver:
1. Do a background check on the caregiver that you hire. Definitely run a criminal background check, e.g., background check for employment. If the caregiver will be transporting the children or doing errands; you will also want to run a driving record.
2. Do your reference checks. When getting phone #’s on the references; we highly recommend you can call land lines – since you can track the land lines on who the # belongs to.
3. Make sure you spell out and have a detailed conversation on the expectations for the caregiver. Have the caregiver ask numerous questions as well. Communication is the best tool for a successful relationship.
4. Not sure what questions to ask the caregiver? Take advantage of the sample list of questions we have for registered members at www.care4hire.com 5. If you do not see the caregiver often; have a notepad where you can both make notes for a communication tool.
Today’s giveaway is for a 1 month membership to Care4Hire, where you can do your research and contact caregivers in your area. This 1 month membership is values at $29.99.
How to Enter: Visit Care4Hire and look around. Then come back here and leave me a comment letting me know what kind of caregiver you are looking for ie. pet sitter, tutor etc.
- Tweet about this giveaway and put the tweet URL in the comment.
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to this post. Put the link to your post in the comment.
- Fave this blog on Technorati, you can use the button on my sidebar.
This giveaway is open to US residents only. A winner will be chosen May 11th 10:30pm. Good Luck