Now that Type-A Mom Conference is a week behind me and I have had some time to marinate on all that I learned, I thought I’d briefly share some of my takeaways. Hopefully they will help or inspire you.
- Be yourself. You can aspire to be a better you but don’t try to be someone else.
- It is ok to say “no” to an opportunity that doesn’t fit your blog. Better yet, if you know someone who is a good fit, share their contact info with the PR person who contacted you. Your bloggy friend and the PR company with be thankful.
- Lead with your heart, not you bank account…or lack thereof. I spoke with a few people who felt they had “sold out” to filling their blogs with paid posts that didn’t fit them or their blog just to make a few bucks.
- There is an AMAZING community of mom bloggers out there and it is a wonderful thing to get to know them in real life!
- Don’t be shy, introduce yourself to new people-you never know who you might meet.
- If you do something well, you deserve to be paid for it. What is your time and expertise worth?
- There are some great companies out there who understand social media…there are a lot more we still need to educate.
- The companies that “get it” aren’t just looking for numbers they are looking for engagement. They don’t care if you have 1000 readers if those readers only leave comments on giveaway posts. **Ahem** ask questions and get them involved.
Did you Attend Type-A Mom? Do you have anything to add to this list? Leave me a comment and let me know what you took away from that enlightening conference.
I also want to thank HotelsCombined.com for sponsoring my conference pass. without their help I would not have been able to attend the conference.