I have had the opportunity to already experience one Magic Kingdom holiday day at the this season and we will be back again this Friday! While the Magic Kingdom is celebrating differently this year, there is a lot of holiday magic to experience.
Magic Kingdom Holiday Decorations
Main Street USA is decked out in its holiday best. The tree in Town Square looks as beautiful as ever. I was so happy to see the soldiers back as well.
While there are no Castle Dream Lights this year, there are beautiful holiday projections on Cinderella Castle. I believe there are 4 different projections and each lasts about 15 minutes allowing for beautiful backgrounds for your Christmas pictures.
There are 4 different holiday cavalcades (mini parades) taking place at random times along the Magic Kingdom parade route. Add to that the Dapper Dans aboard the Main Street Trolley as well as the Toy Soldiers marching with the Main Street Philharmonic and that is a lot of holiday fun.
- “Mickey’s Holiday Cavalcade” is a holiday celebration with Mickey Mouse and his friends.
- “Goofy’s Scrumptious Cavalcade” features Goofy cooking up some holiday fun from his gingerbread house and bake shop floats, joined by dancing gingerbread men.
- “A Royal Christmas Processional” heralds the arrival of Disney princesses on a crystal castle float.
- Santa glides down Main Street, U.S.A., in his sleigh, led by prancing reindeer.
On my first holiday visit, I was traveling with out of state friends and we weren’t able to catch a single cavalcade. We hope to see them all on Friday! Make sure you follow along on my Blog Facebook, Travel Agency Facebook, Instagram to see all my posts this weekend.
Magic Kingdom Holiday Food
Guests love all the seasonal food at the Disney parks. Last week I shared about the holiday food options at EPCOT. Today we will see what’s available in the Magic Kingdom.
If you are a churro fan, like my son Jordan, you can eat your fill of various churro flavors while visiting the Magic Kingdom.
- Christmas Churros – Mini churros topped with red and green sugar at Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe.
- Chip and Dale Christmas Churros – Gingerbread churros topped with apple pie filling and chocolate chips at Westward Ho.
- Sugar and Spice Churros – Christmas cookie churros with icing and holiday sprinkles served with a side of eggnog at a cart on Main Street.
- Churro Worth Melting For – Cinnamon churros topped with marshmallow fluff and blue sugar at Citrus Cart near the Castle Hub.
Holiday Treats with Collectible Containers
Want to bring home a souvenir of your holiday treat? Here are two options! The White Christmas Tree popcorn Bucket and the Sven Sipper Cup. I really want the Sven Sipper!!
- Pistachio Chai Tea Float – Pistachio soft–serve, spiced chai tea, and a red velvet cake pop ornament at Aloha Isle.
- Just a Dream Away – Salted caramel milkshake with silver sugar churro at Auntie Gravity’s.
Other Holiday Treats
- Holiday Mickey Cinnamon Roll – Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll drizzled with red and green icing at Main Street Bakery.
- Twice Upon a Cupcake – A confetti Christmas tree tops a vanilla cupcake with a red velvet hidden Mickey at Main Street Bakery. I’ve heard this is very good.
- An Orange Bird Christmas – Orange-scented white chocolate mousse filled with orange curd at Sunshine Tree Terrace.
- Let It Snow Taco – Sugar cookie “taco shell” filled with salted caramel and spiced chocolate mousse at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe.
- Fa La La La Funnel Cake – Powdered sugar funnel cake, strawberry topping, whipped cream, and holiday sprinkles at Sleepy Hollow.
- Belle’s Enchanted Christmas Tree – Almond macarons with cranberry orange filling stacked to create a Christmas tree at Gaston’s Tavern.
- Yule Tide Wishes – Chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse, covered with chocolate ganache at Pinnochio Village Haus.
- Minnie’s Merry Cherry Sundae – Cherry soft–serve, hot fudge, whipped cream, holiday sprinkles, and a Minnie bow at Storybook Treats.
As you can see, there is plenty of holiday fun to be had at the Magic Kingdom this year. It’s not too late to book your December Disney vacation! Just Email me and we will start planning!
Leave a Reply