It’s February already! It is hard to believe. January was a somewhat different month for us personally with a lot of major life changes happening all at once. We are starting to get in the groove of our new life, though somethings will change again when I am gainfully employed. As far as the blog goes January was a very good month and I feel confident that 2014 is going to be my best year yet.
As I dug through my analytics for this post I found one very interesting tidbit. I had 7 visitors find my site from Wikipedia. I know 7 isn’t a big number but Wikipedia is a pretty big deal. As I researched further I found out that my 8/8/11 post about Jake and the Neverland Pirates is cited in the entry for Jake and the Neverland Pirates! This really made me happy!
Here are January’s top 5 traffic referrers.
Top 5 Blogs and Small Businesses
1. Online-Sweepstakes.com sent 390 people toe the 4 giveaways I hosted in January!
2. ContestGirl sent 71 people to my giveaways.
3. GiveawayScoop sent 45 people to my giveaways.
4. ReedyCreekRadio.com sent 14 to visit my site. I listen to ReedyCreekRadio and I hang out in their chat room to talk Disney whenever I can.
5. MomSpark sent 12 people over. I was included in a post on their site over a year ago!
1. Google 7,283
2. Pinterest 4,285
3. Bing 265
4. Yahoo 216
5. Facebook 205
I am using a much different process for my social media this year and it seems to be paying off in some categories but not others. I am having more success in G+ than ever before so I count that as a win!
How is your blog doing? What strategies are working for you? Please share them in the comments.