Yes, I know it is January 3rd already. We were out of town for the 1st and 2nd enjoying football, food, fun and family at my parent’s house. I thought we’d kick off the new bloggy year with some goals.
2012 Blog Goals
- Finish the re-design-I need to get my header fixed and I accidentally deleted some important badges from my sidebar that I need to reconstruct
- Engage my readers-There are a lot of you out there, and for that I am very thankful. Unfortunately, very few of you respond or leave comments-unless I’m running a giveaway. Leaving meaningful comments on blog posts is how readers tip the author. When you interact with posts I write and topics I cover, I know you are interested too. I’d love to know what subjects in the realms of parenting, homeschooling, family entertainment and family travel you would like to know more about so please, leave a comment on this post letting me know.
- Crack the 1000 subscriber mark. I know it isn’t all about numbers, but I have been hovering in the mid-900s for a very long time.
- To complete the 2012 Blog Dare (I’m already behind-this is actually the post for January 1st!)
- To attend Blissdom, Reviewer’s Retreat, Type-A Parent Conference and BlogHer12. If you or your company would like to sponsor me you can check out my Sponsor Opps page.
Social Media Goals for 2012
Twitter: To be more active. My Twitter usage declined the second half of 2011.
Facebook: To get more conversations going on my Facebook page.
Google+: To learn the best way to use this tool and to set up a page for my blog.
LinkedIn: To learn how to use this more effectively.
Pinterest: To finally get my invitation so I can check this new hot spot out.