It’s almost time for my favorite holiday event in Tampa Bay, Busch Gardens Christmas Town returns November 12 – January 2nd! I wrote about our 2017 visit to Christmas Town here. It’s a family favorite event that we have been attending since it began in 2012. Our favorite thing is the Holly Jolly Express singalong train. We are a family of musicians so we love to sing, in 4-part harmony.
Tampa’s biggest and brightest holiday event opens earlier this year with millions of twinkling holiday lights throughout the park’s 335 acres, spectacular fireworks, and a brand-new experience with Santa that will create merry memories for guests of all ages. Included in park admission, the award-winning holiday event features all-new activities for the whole family, including:
- New! Holiday in the Sky Fireworks Show: Enjoy classic holiday tunes and watch festive bursts of Christmas colors as they cover the sky in a dazzling fireworks display. Holiday in the Sky is offered on the Festival Field every Saturday and select event nights, beginning November 13
- New! Storytime with Mrs. Claus: Located in the Coke Canopy near the Christmas Town Village, Mrs. Claus will share traditional holiday tales and a joyful song.
- New! Santa’s North Pole Experience, presented by Coca-Cola: Jolly elves guide guests to see Santa in his workshop as he prepares for the holiday season.
Other fan favorite holiday entertainment returning to this year’s Florida-style winter wonderland includes:
- “Christmas on Ice”: Busch Gardens’ longest running holiday show returns to the Moroccan Palace Theater. This inspiring skating production transforms the stage with incredible feats of skating athleticism for a truly unmissable show set to holiday classic songs.
- Elmo’s Christmas Wish: Join Cookie Monster, Rosita, Grover, and Zoe as they help Elmo find his Christmas wish! Families are sure to be singing and dancing along while watching this fun holiday show.
- Three Kings Journey: The musical tale of the famed journey to Bethlehem is celebrated in the round at the Stanleyville Theater.
- Holly Jolly Express: All aboard for Christmas Cheer! This locomotive is on track to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with the favorite songs of the season as guests venture through the park.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Journey to Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland to find the most famous reindeer of all.
As guests dash through the night between iconic rollercoasters, they can explore the Christmas Town Village: a delicious destination filled with drinks and dishes from an indulgent holiday menu. These unique, limited time options include NEW specialty cocktails like the “Mistletoe Margarita” and the “Apple Brandy Hot Toddy”. Complete the night with a signature Christmas Town Hot Chocolate featuring festive flavors like peppermint or gingerbread. Feel the spirit of the season in each bite with the new maple bourbon pecan pie or feast on holiday favorites like the smoked brisket “totchos.” The best way for guests to savor and save during the holidays is with a Christmas Town Sampler Lanyard, starting at ONLY $44.99 for an 8-punch lanyard.
We can’t wait to nibble on treats and drink Christmas Town Hot Chocolate while we wander through Christmas Town Village. We are excited for a new fireworks show and to see “Christmas on Ice” back in the Moroccan Palace Theater. We hope we get to meet Rudolph and Santa this year as well. I am sad to see the “The Most Wonderful Time” show isn’t listed this year. It’s a family tradition to watch that while we eat dinner. Hopefully it is still there, just not listed on the program…yet.
It’s time to send out the family text and choose a date to visit Christmas Town! I’m ready to get my Christmas on!