We all know 2020 was a crazy year. It was also a year that found most people eating at home a lot more!! With that being said, I found it interesting that 3 of the top 5 recipes of 2020 were desserts! I guess the quarantine 15 is alive and well.
First I’ll be highlighting the top 5 recipes that were published in 2020. I’ve been blogging recipes for over 7 years! After I highlight the new recipes, I’ll update you on the top 5 recipes on The Mom Maven overall in 2020. I hope you enjoy this look back as much as I do.
Top 5 New Recipes of 2020
5. Oreo Cheesecake Trifle This beautiful Oreo Cheesecake Trifle is packed with Oreo cookies, creamy cheesecake, decadent chocolate ganache, fudgy brownies and fluffy Cool Whip. I made this trifle for my nephew’s 19th birthday, you can make it for any occasion, as long as you have a trifle bowl.
4. Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara with Linguine This simple slow cooker chicken carbonara is a delicious week night meal the whole family will love. My husband loves it because it has chicken in it along with the bacon.
3. Chef Art Smith’s Hummingbird Cake The combination of banana and pineapple along with the cream cheese frosting make Chef Art Smith’s Hummingbird Cake pop with fresh flavors. Just writing about this delicious cake has my mouth watering!!
2. Easy Cajun Butter Chicken Like a little kick in your meal? This easy Cajun Butter Chicken recipe may be just what you are looking for. I need to get this in my meal plan rotation.
- Santa’s Trash Cookies Thanks to the recent Christmas traffic bump, this Christmas cookie recipe soared to number one! The kids love helping crush up the potato chips and pretzels for this sweet and salty Santa’s Trash Cookies recipe. Make sure you pin it or print it so you have it for next Christmas!
Top Five All Time Recipes for Last Year
These five recipes are consistently in the top 10, the oldest is from 2013, ugly pictures and all! This year’s top 4 recipes are the same as last year, only number 5 has changed. To make most of these recipes, you need a reliable crockpot.
5. Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken (2013) Add some island flair to your dinner table with this easy Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken recipe. I like to serve this with rice and veggies. Others add red and yellow bell peppers to the crockpot. You do what suits your family. Enjoy!
4. Yoder’s Amish Peanut Butter Pie (2018) Yoder’s Amish Peanut Butter Pie is a classic, light pudding pie with peanut butter crumbles. It is a perfect treat for the whole family.
3. 3 Envelope Crockpot Roast (2016) This 3 Envelope Crockpot Roast is a family favorite. I recently made it in my Ninja Foodi, I’ll be updating the recipe to add that version soon.
2. Crockpot Apple Barbecue Pork Loin (2014) Yum! I love having this for dinner on a cold winter night. It only takes a few minutes to prep and then 4 hours in the crockpot!
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops (2015) This super simple, 3 ingredient recipe has been the #1 post on my blog for 5 years running! It bring in 35% of the total traffic on my blog, I’ll never understand why but I’m not complaining!
I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!