Gather your family and meet your festive friends at the award-winning SeaWorld Christmas Celebration, taking place November 14 through December 31. Safely experience this year’s holiday spirit as the park is turned into a winter wonderland with more than three million sparkling lights and park-wide holiday activities, in addition to SeaWorld’s one-of-a-kind attractions, thrilling coasters and up-close animal interactions, all with physical distancing measures in place, that make SeaWorld the best place to celebrate the holidays.
To bring the merriment to life, SeaWorld’s creative team consulted with medical experts to offer a modified event with required reservations and limited capacity that celebrates the spirit of the season safely. This seasonal event features open-air entertainment and experiences as well as enhanced health, safety measures, including increased cleaning and sanitation, temperature checks, face covering requirements and physical distancing. Included in park admission, park guests can safely enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of the holiday season with specialty shopping, physically distant holiday shows, tasty holiday treats, and beloved holiday traditions.
New for 2020
- It’s a Wonderful Night: A New Story to Tell-You haven’t experienced the spirit of the season quite like this before. SeaWorld is bringing over 30 of your favorite Christmas carols back to the stage with new clever surprises and lighthearted laughs. Check back soon for details on this reimagining of an old favorite for the SeaWorld Christmas Celebration, coming to the Nautilus Theater with limited capacity and physical distancing.
- Ice Skating at Bayside Stadium-All-new for this year, guests can now experience outdoor ice skating! You and your family can skate alongside the water of SeaWorld’s central lagoon throughout the day in our beautiful winter wonderland. Capacity will be limited to promote physical distancing and all guests must wear crew length socks and gloves. Additional charge required which includes rental of ice skates, socks and gloves can also be purchased.
- Hanukkah Celebration-This year, SeaWorld will be celebrating more holidays than ever before. For the first year ever, join us as we honor the festival of lights! From December 10 through 18, gather with your friends and family in a socially distant experience to view the traditional lighting of the menorah throughout Hanukkah.
- Kwanzaa Festivities-Another new experience for the holidays this year, SeaWorld will celebrate the festivities of Kwanzaa! Taking place December 26through January 1, guests can enjoy a joyous time of reflection and celebration of African heritage with the nightly lighting of the kinara.
- Photos with Santa Claus-Take a visit to the top of the world to meet the Arctic’s most famous resident, Santa Claus, at SeaWorld’s Wild Arctic for a safe alternative to family photos with everyone’s favorite jolly elf! One party at a time will greet Santa in the expansive family room and have the opportunity to sit (physically distant) in Santa’s sleigh with Santa seated above and behind, separated by a plexiglass partition. *Photo packages available.
- Happy Holidays from Sesame Street Land-It’s furry and bright on our favorite street! Join us as we celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa with our Sesame Street friends as they sing and dance to their favorite holiday songs.
Holiday Shows and Special Events at SeaWorld Christmas Celebration
- Rudolph’s Movie Experience– Rudolph and his friends star in this movie that will get the entire family in the holiday spirit, playing daily in the Sea Port Theater with limited capacity and physical distancing. This special movie experience is approximately 10 minutes long and begins every 30 minutes.
- Sea of Trees-Take a walk through a wintery, watery wonderland and immerse yourself in the expansive holiday Sea of Trees Located in SeaWorld’s lagoon where the glistening forest sparkles to music and lights up the water—and your eyes. With 360-degree views from around the park, there is plenty of space to enjoy with safe physical distancing. As the lights dance to holiday classics, your heart will soar with wonder and delight at this truly awe-inspiring Christmas treat. Plus, a magnificent centerpiece towers 70 feet above the water.
- Winter Wonderland on Ice-Christmas comes to life on a stage of ice, jewels and lights as skaters dazzle and delight in a show-stopping, ice skating extravaganza with physically distant seating arrangements. A sea of sparkling trees and towering fountains dancing in the background come together to create a don’t-miss experience for the holidays that the entire family will enjoy.
- Rudolph’s Christmas Town-Returning for another year of festive fun, guests can immerse themselves in the story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at Rudolph’s Christmas Town. Stroll outdoors past life-size story book vignettes featuring the classic tale, and meet beloved characters including Rudolph and Bumble. This attraction has limited capacity to promote physical distancing.
- Christmas Market-Nestled along the park’s Bayside Pathway, the Christmas market features festive entertainment and delicious culinary delights from an all-NEW chef and mixologist created holiday menu. Guests will also encounter playful elves and a charming model train village. Relax near the warm glow of the fire pit with a fan-favorite seasonal beer or mulled wine, or chose from a variety of NEW unique holiday inspired beverages rooted in classic Christmas traditions. Limited capacity and physical distancing measures will be in place. These unique limited time options include specialty cocktails like the “Winter Wonderland Hot Toddy” made with winter cider, honey whiskey and a chain infusion and the festive “Peppermint Cocoa” made with peppermint schnapps.
SeaWorld Christmas Celebration Dining Options
- Sampler Lanyard-The spirit of the season is in every bite of holiday food pairings throughout the park such as the ale-cured and smoke-cured pork slider, the mini chicken philly or the “Traditional Christmas Dinner Stack” which layers roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce over texas toast. The market also features a variety of peppermint desserts like the peppermint bark cheesecake. The best way for guests to savor and save during the holidays is with a Christmas Celebration Tasting and Brew Sampler Lanyard, starting at ONLY $35.00 for a 5-punch lanyard or a 10-punch lanyard for $50.00.
- Dinner with Santa-The wonders of Christmas come to life this season in an experience that’s destined to make memories for the young and young at heart. Dinner with Santa invites you to a sumptuous holiday meal with all the trimmings and a delightful opportunity to take a (physically distant) photo with Santa Claus himself! Featuring protective food service barriers, widely spaced single-party tables, sanitation between meals and more, guests of all ages will delight in this safe holiday tradition.
- Sesame Street Christmas Breakfast-Join your favorite furry friends for a fun-filled holiday breakfast feast. This experience combines a delicious meal with exciting (but physically distanced) character appearances. With protective food service barriers, widely spaced single-party tables, sanitation between meals and more, it is a safe, fun time for the whole family!
SeaWorld Ticketing Info
For a limited time, buy a 2021 Fun Card and get the rest of 2020 FREE or upgrade to an Annual Pass starting as low as $11.75 per month with no down payment. Annual Pass Members* receive 12 months of visits, now with the best benefits ever such as FREE parking, up to 6 free guest tickets, Pass Member VIP Ride Nights, and up to 50% savings on merchandise, photo prints, Quick Queue, and more.
The Fun Card gives park-goers unlimited access to the park to visit again and again for the remainder of 2020 calendar year and all of 20211 for one low price, but does not include the additional pass benefits! Visit www.Seaworld.com/Orlando for more information, park hours and to purchase tickets.
We have enjoyed our visits to the SeaWorld Christmas Celebration in years past. Our favorite has always been O Wondrous Night! I’m looking forward to seeing how they re-imagined that show into It’s a Wonderful Night: A New Story to Tell!