Don’t let the fact that some of our favorite Disney holiday traditions are cancelled make you wary of visiting this Christmas season. There is still lots of Holiday Fun at Walt Disney World this year.
Wreaths are hung, lights are strung and trees are trimmed with care as holiday celebrations have begun throughout most of the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, with EPCOT and Disney resort hotels joining the festive fun soon. Through Dec. 30, guests will discover enchanting décor, special merchandise, delectable treats and new entertainment experiences all across The Most Magical Place on Earth that celebrate the spirit of the season.
- Several times daily, favorite characters don their holiday best and celebrate the season in a series of special cavalcades, complete with Christmastime floats and music:
- “Mickey’s Holiday Cavalcade” is a holiday celebration with Mickey Mouse and his friends.
- “Goofy’s Scrumptious Cavalcade” features Goofy cooking up some holiday fun from his gingerbread house and bake shop floats, joined by dancing gingerbread men.
- “A Royal Christmas Processional” heralds the arrival of Disney princesses on a crystal castle float.
- Main Street, U.S.A., is the place to catch the Holiday Trolley, delivering festive harmonies from the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet, while toy soldiers march with the Main Street Philharmonic as they bring musical cheer for all to hear.
- Holiday treats include Chip ‘n’ Dale Christmas Churros, a Pistachio Chai Tea Float and An Orange Bird Christmas – an orange-scented white chocolate mousse.
- When night falls at Magic Kingdom, projection effects transform Cinderella Castle with a kaleidoscope of designs, including a whimsical Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green and gold ornamentation. The iconic castle provides the perfect colorful background for guests seeking a magical holiday portrait.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- “Donald’s Dino Bash” takes its seasonal celebration to the waters of Discovery River, with Donald Duck and pals waving to everyone as they pass.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale jingle through the jungle, bringing their own style of holiday flair to the river on their own flotilla.
- The Discovery Island Drummers cruise along, entertaining guests on the shore with an energetic holiday beat.
- Beginning Dec. 1, the park will feature special holiday-themed food, such as White-Chocolate Peppermint Cream Cheese Mousse and a Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwich.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” adds a festive finale featuring Olaf and celebratory songs of the season.
- Minnie Mouse hosts a yuletide dining experience at Hollywood & Vine, inviting some of her best pals – including Santa Goofy – to join the fun.
- Festive foodie items include Mickey’s Holiday Cookie, Holiday Whoopie Pie and Olaf’s Snow Flurry – a yellow cupcake with vanilla buttercream and snow-flurry sugar.
- After dark, the Hollywood Tower Hotel on Sunset Boulevard twinkles with projection effects as it becomes the Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel. The icon magically transforming into a Muppets gingerbread masterpiece, a Toy Story hotel, a snowy corner of Arendelle and a Dickensian village inspired by “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.”
- The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth invites guests to gaze with wonder at elaborately decorated, Disney-trimmed trees as they explore the shopping, dining and entertainment district.
- Seasonal treats will be available throughout Disney Springs, such as Holiday Mickey Mousse at Amorette’s Patisserie and a Mickey Santa Pinata at The Ganachery.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar transforms into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with delightful décor and a limited-time menu of festive favorites.
- Outdoor DJs play holiday music during the day to get guests in the spirt of the season.
- In the evening, stilt-walking toy soldiers, skating snowflakes and a snowfall add a touch of magic for holiday shoppers.
The Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by Advent Health begins Nov. 27, 2020 and will be featured in next week’s travel blog post.
This year, Santa Claus is checking his list twice as he makes his way around Walt Disney World for special appearances:
- At Magic Kingdom Park, he glides down Main Street, U.S.A., in his sleigh, led by prancing reindeer.
- He makes the trek to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park to spread the joyous spirit of the season from his very own flotilla as he sails down Discovery River.
- Led by an entourage of elves and riding in his red convertible packed with presents, he brings glitz and glamour to a motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Beginning later this month, he’ll be joined by Mrs. Claus at Disney Springs as the merry couple soaks up their last bit of Florida sunshine before their big night. They’ll cruise Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs in colorfully decorated pontoon boats.
- And starting Nov. 27 at EPCOT, he will take a grand, horse-drawn tour around World Showcase.
Plan Your Visit to Experience 2020 Holiday Fun at Walt Disney World
I have travel clients visiting Walt Disney World throughout this holiday season. Our annual vacation is December 4-7th. I’ll also be enjoying Disney Springs and Winter-Summerland Mini Golf with friends on December 16th. Christmastime at Walt Disney World is my favorite time of the year to visit.
It’s not to late to plan your trip. Just Email me and we will get everything planned!