Happy first Win it Wednesday Giveaway Linky Day of September. We are heading into Labor Day weekend which means I should be leaving on a cruise on Saturday but thanks to the stupid virus we had to reschedule that for next May, only 255 days to go.
This has been a crazy few weeks. On August 22nd we were taking my mom out to dinner and she had a heart attack in the back seat of my car! She was in the hospital, alone, thanks to the stupid virus. My sister got to see her Wednesday the 26th to make plans to mover mom into my sister’s home with hospice care. On Friday, mom took a turn for the worse and was moved to the hospice ward in the hospital. At least we were able to visit her there.
Ron and I spent about 90 minutes with her Friday night. She was very talkative and she gave me a lot of important information about where things were in her apartment. Saturday morning she was much weaker and could only whisper a few words at a time. I spent 2 hours with her that afternoon but she slept most of the time. She peacefully passed on Monday morning with my sister by her side.
Needless to say, it’s been a crazy few weeks. My mom almost died 22 years ago when she was in full respiratory arrest. At that time she was diagnosed with COPD and has been on oxygen 24/7 since then. Two years ago her cardiologist said there was nothing that could be done for her heart, go live your best life, and she did. She still worked full time for years, volunteered with the American Cancer Society, she was a breast cancer survivor, and volunteered at her church. She stood strong after my dad passed away almost 5 years ago and lived independently until the end.
I’m happy that we gave her a Walt Disney World vacation for Christmas last year. We spent February 28-March 2 of this year visiting all 4 theme parks with her in a wheelchair. We had a wonderful time and made wonderful memories before the virus hit.
1. Make sure the link is to the giveaway post, not the home page of your blog. Links to home pages will be deleted.
2. Put the end date in the title of your giveaway.
3. Link to an image of the prize, not your blog button.
4. No more than 3 giveaways per website per week please!
5. If you post a giveaway enter at least one giveaway someone else posted. This is just one way to play nice with others 🙂
6. Please share this linky via Facebook or Twitter
7. Get an email reminder about Win it Wednesday