Happy Win it Wednesday giveaway Linky Day! I hope you are having an amazing week. Mine has been a bit weird because I have Shingles. A week and a half ago I started experiencing some sciatic nerve pain, which I get on the rare occasion that my right hip gets out of joint. This happens 2-3 times a year and usually with some stretching and patience it resolves it self in a few days.
This time the pain was lasting over a week, but near the end of that week it wasn’t centralized in my hip, it radiated down my right thigh. Then my thigh occasionally felt warm or tingly…odd. On Friday I noticed a lesion on my lower back and one on my right thigh. By Saturday there were 4 lesions on my thigh.
I googled sciatic pain and skin lesions and everything pointed to shingles. I am blessed, shingles can be VERY painful, mine are moderately annoying. So far, mine aren’t itchy either. I’ve learned a lot about shingles since Saturday:
- 1/3 of adults will get shingles
- if you had chicken pox the herpes zoster virus is dormant in you and can present itself at any time-but often in times of stress, weakened immune system, over age 50, recent trauma
- shingles has a predictable progression which takes 3-5 weeks
- there is no cure
- shingles is not contagious but if someone who hasn’t had chicken pox comes in contact with the open blisters, they can contract chicken pox
Again, I am very tankful that, so far at least, this has been an annoyance but not too upsetting to my life. When I get to the blister stage, they will be covered when I leave my home. So, that’s the fun in my life, what’s new with you?
The Win It Wednesday Giveaway Linky Rules
1. Make sure the link is to the giveaway post, not the home page of your blog. Links to home pages will be deleted.
2. Put the end date in the title of your giveaway.
3. Link to an image of the prize, not your blog button.
4. No more than 3 giveaways per website per week please!
5. If you post a giveaway enter at least one giveaway someone else posted. This is just one way to play nice with others 🙂
6. Please add the Win It Wednesday badge (you can find it in my sidebar) to your giveaway, side bar, blog roll or linky parties page
7. Please share this linky via Facebook or Twitter
8. Get an email reminder about Win it Wednesday