Sweet corn season is in full swing here in Florida. We have eaten a lot of corn on the cob in the last 6 weeks. Ron has been asking me to make my Elote aka Mexican Street Corn but I haven’t done it yet. Then last week I decided to create a Mexican Street Corn Casserole to go with our Fajita Chicken. Both recipes were a hit! The Mexican Street Corn Casserole recipe serves 8 people so we had leftovers to enjoy with our steak 2 days later!
Eating Elote can be a messy proposition so turning it into a casserole lets us enjoy the delicious flavors without all of the mess. I’ll be making this recipe, even when fresh corn isn’t in season since the main ingredient can be fresh or frozen corn!
Mexican Street Corn Casserole
- 32 oz corn, fresh cut off the cob or frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 6 oz Cojita or Feta Cheese Crumbled (we use Feta because Cojita is hard to find in our stores), divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, and half the cheese. Gently mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8″ square pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes, until heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
Delicious with a kick of spice, this Mexican Street Corn Casserole is a perfect side to any chicken or steak. It's also a perfect dish to take to your next cookout!
- 32 oz Corn-fresh cut off the cob or frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 6 oz Crumbled Cojita or Feta Cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a large mixing bowl combine the corn, sour cream,mayonnaise, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, and half the cheese. Gently mix until combined.
Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8" square pan.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes,until heated through.
Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
I hope you enjoy this Easy Mexican Street Corn Casserole recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!