When we visit Walt Disney World we eat a lot of Quick Service Meals. While there are currently 12 quick service restaurants in Epcot there are few my husband will eat at. For years our Epcot dining choices were limited to Liberty Inn-which closed July 2019, Electric Umbrella-which closed February of 2020, and Les Halles. Our most recent trip was February 28-March 2, 2020 and we were concerned about where we would dine in Epcot. Thankfully the regal Eagle Smokehouse opened on February 19, 2020.
The story behind this distinctly American eatery located in what was the former Liberty Inn restaurant in Epcot’s American Pavilion, is that Sam Eagle is hosting a cook-off. “Sam’s Centennial Cook-Off, A Salute to All Cook-Offs, but Mostly Barbecue, A Competition Fit for Patriots and Pit Masters.” Some of the walls are adorned with images of Muppets who are competing in the competition.
The Muppet theming is subtle the Revolutionary Era theming is not suble at all. Outside in the courtyard is a large smoker. Inside you are greeted with red, white, and blue streamers, and decor reminiscent of the beginning of our American Adventure. The seating is picnic table style. Ordering is typical Disney quick service ordering. I am happy to announce that Regal Eagle Smokehouse has self service soda machines, making your drinks refillable! They also use metal utensils and trays which is nicer than plastic.
The Regal Eagle Smokehouse Menu
- American Platter-Choose 3 Meats and a side served with Garlic Toast $18.99
- Memphis Dry-rub Pork Ribs-Dry-rubbed and Slow-smoked in our Pit served with Garlic Toast and your choice of side $15.99
- Kansas City Smoked Half-Chicken-Slow-smoked Half-Chicken smothered with our Sweet BBQ Sauce served with your choice of side $13.99
- BBQ Burger-1/3 lb Angus Burger on Garlic Toast topped with BBQ Pork and Fried Onion Ring served with your choice of side $13.49
- Sliced Texas Beef Brisket Sandwich-Rubbed with our secret Brisket Rub then Slow-smoked and smothered in Spicy Mop Sauce, and placed between Garlic Toast and served with your choice of side $12.99
- North Carolina Chopped Smoked Pork Butt Platter-Chopped Pork Butt topped with our North Carolina Vinegar Sauce served with Garlic Toast and your choice of side $12.49
- Power Greens Salad-Mixed Greens tossed with Fresh Citrus Fruit, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cranberries, and Radishes in a Fresh Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing topped with Chilled Pulled Chicken $11.49
- South Carolina Smoked Sausage Sandwich-Smoked Sausage on Garlic Toast topped with our Tangy Mustard Sauce and Caramelized Onions served with your choice of side $11.49
- BBQ Jackfruit Burger-Plant-based Burger on Garlic Toast topped with BBQ Jackfruit served with your choice of side
- Beer-battered Onion Rings $4.99
- Baked Beans with Burnt Ends $4.99
- Creamy Coleslaw $4.99
- Seasoned French Fries $4.99
- Garlic Toast $4.99
- House-made Pickles $4.99
- Macaroni & Cheese $4.99
- BBQ Chicken Leg-Served with Coleslaw and Watermelon and a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions $7.99
- Chicken Salad-Served with Coleslaw and Watermelon and a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions
- BBQ Rib-Served with Coleslaw and Watermelon and a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Water $8.99
- Cheeseburger-Small Grilled Angus Burger topped with American served with Coleslaw and Watermelon and a choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DASANI® Bottled Water $7.79
- Banana Pudding-$4.99
- Fresh Watermelon Cup-$4.99
- S’mores Brownies-$4.99
- Assorted Coca-Cola® Fountain Beverages-Assorted Coca-Cola® Offerings $3.99
- Berry Punch-White Grape Juice with Strawberry, Peach, and Blackberry $4.49
- DASANI® Bottled Water $3.50
- Assorted Hot Beverages– Freshly Brewed Joffrey’s Coffee™ (Regular or Decaf) and Twinings of London® Hot Tea
- Lowfat Milk $1.99
- Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider – Cincinnati, OH-16-oz Can – Sweet and refreshing. A favorite since Colonial times $9.25
- Bell’s Oberon American Wheat Ale – Comstock, MI-16-oz Draft – Wheat Ale, mixing a Spicy Hop character with Mildly Fruity Aromas $9.25
- Cigar City Jai Alai IPA – Tampa, FL-16-oz Draft – This bigger brother to the Pale Ale employs a significant amount of Hops with high bitterness and Citrus and Floral aromas $9.25
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager – Boston, MA-16-oz Draft – Golden-colored with Flavors that are Dry, Clean, Crisp, and Refreshing with Subtle Bitterness $9.25
- Merf Cabernet Sauvignon, Washington-250 mL Can – Cabernet Sauvignon with flavors of Blackberry, Toffee, and subtle Spice notes $12.00
- Seven Daughters Pinot Noir, Calfornia-250 mL Can – Light, fresh floral and mineral aromas with refreshing flavors of citrus and green apple, and a clean, fresh lemon zest finish $12.00
- Surf Swim Chardonnay, California-250 mL Can – Sun Ripe Aromas of Peaches, Ocean Cooled flavors of Pineapple and finishes with a wave of Banana Peels
- Tennessee Lemonade-Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey with Odwalla® Lemonade and Peach $14.00
If you’d like to see the full menu with allergy-friendly options please click here.
Mom Maven’s Thoughts
We dined at the Regal Eagle Smokehouse for dinner on Friday night, February 28th. None of us were very hungry. Ron and I decided to share and American Platter and a soda. Mom didn’t see anything she felt like eating. The restaurant was busy and few people were eating outside because it was cold. Still, Ron returned with our food quickly. I had grabbed 2 of the sauces the Blue Ribbon Brisket Sauce and the Sizzlin’ Pit Dry Rub Coalition Classic Smokehouse Sauce. We both liked the second sauce best. For our 3 meats Ron chose the brisket, ribs, and smoked sausage. I LOVED the brisket, it was very tasty. The ribs were ok but they were lacking in meat. Ron enjoyed the sausages. Now my mom decided she wanted a side of the mac & cheese for dinner. She said it was very good but she isn’t a fan of the crunchy breadcrumbs on top.
I have heard great reports about the chicken and pork butt so I can’t wait to try them on future visits to Epcot. The Regal Eagle Smokehouse is now our favorite quick service restaurant in Epcot, it’s also my 2nd favorite barbecue in the 4 Florida Disney Parks. I hope you will be eating at Regal Eagle Smokehouse soon. If you are ready to book your next vacation just Email me and we will get started.