My favorite Epcot festival, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts at Walt Disney World Resort will unveil its annual global celebration of visual, culinary and performing arts Jan. 17 and continue for 39 days through Feb. 24, 2020. The event features visiting artists, an array of foodie delights and opportunities for guests to embrace their own inner artists.
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
The popular Disney on BroadwayConcert Series returns to America Gardens Theatre with three daily performances headlined by Broadway stars who reprise favorite songs from past performances in award-winning shows. This year’s talent-rich lineup includes Kissy Simmons, who starred as Nala in “The Lion King,” and Kevin Massey of “Tarzan.” The show-stopping schedule currently features:
- 17, 20, 21, 24 and 25 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- 18, 19, 22, 23 and 25 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”; “Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5, 6 and 9 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22, 23 and 24 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”; “Beauty and the Beast”) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- Additional January and February performances still to be announced.
All shows are included with theme park admission. The best way to experience a performance is by reserving aDisney on BroadwayDining Package, which guarantees seating for one show on the day of the dining experience. Packages are available to book starting Nov. 14, 2019, at participating Epcot restaurants; guests can visit ArtfulEpcot.com or contact their certified Disney travel agent (me) to handle the planning for them.
Food Studios at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Twelve festival Food Studios plus additional food and beverage locations will take culinary arts to the next level with scrumptious, imaginative dishes – artistically sculpted and ready for camera closeups.
Yes, this may be my favorite festival because I am all about the arts. I’ve been on stage since I was 5 acting in plays and musicals, dancing in recitals, singing wherever I can, playing in bands and now teaching and directing whenever I have the opportunity as well. The Arts are integral to the lives of every human being and the Epcot International Festival of the Arts celebrates it all.