Happy November and Happy Win it Wednesday Giveaway Linky Day! It’s official, the holiday season is here! I have decided I am decorating early this year and I have blocked off November 16th to be decorating day. We are so busy the last 6 weeks of the year that we haven’t completely decorated the house in over 10 years, many of those years we didn’t even have a tree!
That changes this year. We repainted the living room and got a new entertainment center this year and I have been thinking about Christmas decorations since we did that in June! I decided I would purchase some new decor since most of what I own is very old. I fell in love with the whimsical feel of the Tinsel Town collection from Winter Wonder Lane at Big Lots when we were shopping there a few weeks ago. On Saturday I went back and purchased some ornaments, 2 decorative signs, a Merry Christmas garland and an ornament tree. I think these new pieces will help to bring our Christmas decor a bit more up to date.
On the 16th we are taking everything Christmas down from the attic and going through it on tables on the driveway to decide what should be kept-donated-or tossed. I have several older mechanical pieces that I pray still work and I know a lot will need to be cleaned before it comes into the house. We plan to get our tree on Black Friday from the Buy a Tree Change a Life lot at our church. I love that the proceeds go to help children globally and locally.
Are you an early decorator? Do you wait til the day after Thanksgiving or do you decorate sometime in December? No matter when you decorate you will get no judgement from me because I’ve done it at all different times over the years.
The Win It Wednesday Giveaway Linky Rules
1. Make sure the link is to the giveaway post, not the home page of your blog. Links to home pages will be deleted.
2. Put the end date in the title of your giveaway.
3. Link to an image of the prize, not your blog button.
4. No more than 3 giveaways per website per week please!
5. If you post a giveaway enter at least one giveaway someone else posted. This is just one way to play nice with others 🙂
6. Please add the Win It Wednesday badge (you can find it in my sidebar) to your giveaway, side bar, blog roll or linky parties page
7. Please share this linky via Facebook or Twitter
8. Get an email reminder about Win it Wednesday