It’s no secret that Christmas time is my favorite time of the year at Walt Disney World. It is also the time of my 2nd favorite Epcot Festival…the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays. The decorations, the music, the traditions of the holiday season make this such a special time. From Nov. 29, 2019, through Dec. 30, 2019, merry-makers will be immersed in a vast world of holiday decorations and entertainment, themed merchandise, festive cuisine and costumed storytellers in many of the 11 World Showcase nations.
Highlights of the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
- Epcot’s grandest holiday tradition – the Candlelight Processional – features the retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator backed by a 50-piece orchestra and massed choir. Performances will run three times nightly during the festival. Narrators already announced for this year include Whoopi Goldberg, Pat Sajak, Steven Curtis Chapman and Edward James Olmos. More narrators will be announced in the coming months. Dining packages include guaranteed seating for the holiday event and can be booked by you travel agent or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
- Special Holiday Kitchens sprinkled throughout World Showcase will serve up tasty treats inspired by treasured holiday recipes from across the globe.
- World Showcase pavilions will come alive with the sights and sounds of special entertainment celebrating each country’s holiday heritage.
- Chip & Dale are gathering ornaments for their Christmas tree and guests can join in the fun! To be part of Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree Scavenger Hunt, guests will purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise outlets and scout World Showcase locations looking for the famous chipmunks and their ornaments. Completed maps are returned for a special festive surprise, courtesy of the chipmunk duo.
- With its premiere scheduled for Oct. 1, 2019, holiday guests will be among the first to view “Epcot Forever,” a new nighttime spectacular bursting above World Showcase Lagoon.
- Epcot guests can quite literally do their holiday shopping around the world. The World Showcase pavilions are filled with favorite fragrances, jewelry, toys, stocking stuffers and more.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will greet guests at The American Adventure pavilion.
2019 Candlelight Processional
I say it every year, I can’t really get into the Christmas spirit until I have experienced the Candlelight Processional at least once. This year planning is proving to be a little tricky. We will be at Disney World December 5-8th. Look at the narrator list below, and then I’ll share why its tricky for us.
- Ming-Na Wen – 11/29-12/1
- Neil Patrick Harris – 12/2-12/5
- Whoopi Goldberg – 12/6-12/7
- To be announced 12/8-12/12
- Gary Sinise – 12/13-12/15
- Pat Sajak – 12/16-12/18
- Steven Curtis Chapman – 12/22-12/24
- Edward James Olmos – 12/25-12/26
- NEW: Lisa Ling – 12/29-12/30
Here is my personal predicament-We’ve seen Neil Patrick Harris before, he does a great job but we try to see different narrators whenever possible. We have no desire to see Whoopi Goldberg so the 6-7 is out. The narrator for the 8th is still to be determined! I was hoping to book candlelight dining but I don’t know if it should be our first night or last night! What would you do?
If you haven’t booked your holiday trip to Walt Disney World yet, Email me and we will start planning!