It’s August and at Epcot that means it is time to kick off the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. A culinary mashup of global cultures and gourmet innovation will bring irresistible bites, sips, entertainment and family fun to the 24th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Aug. 29-Nov 23, 2019. This year, the celebrated summer-into-fall festival at Walt Disney World Resort will add a dozen extra days, expanding the foodie celebration to a delicious 87 days!
Epcot guests can begin with the aromas and flavors of 30 festive global food and wine marketplaces that extend from Future World to encircle the World Showcase promenade. New marketplaces include the Appleseed Orchard Marketplace, where guests can pair apple-inspired beers, ciders and cocktails like the Apple Blossom Sky while nibbling on Charcuterie and Cheese. Brews, ciders and wines will be offered individually or as flights, and kids of all ages can enjoy a deliciously sweet Frozen Apple Pie drink.
More sweet and savory treats will debut at The Alps Marketplace, a tasty new spot where guests can conjure a snow-capped setting while dipping into a dish of Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette, or Venison Stew with Crushed Potatoes paired with refreshing Frozen Rosé.
Family Friendly Events at the Epcot International Food & Win Festival
Back by popular demand, the Disney du Jour Dance Party in Future World will expand to seven days a week. Sundays through Thursdays, a DJ will lead the interactive fun. Fridays and Saturdays, Radio Disney stars will pump up the mix with live performances. The celebrity lineup includes actress-singer Meg Donnelly (“With U,” Disney Channel’s “Zombies”) Aug. 30-31; Jenna Raine (“A Letter to Me”) Sept. 13-14; Sky Katz (“Like This,” Disney Channel’s “Raven’s Home”) Oct. 11-12; and JAGMAC (“Like a Band”) Oct. 18-19.
Families can also enjoy the all-new Emile’s Fromage Montage,where they can sample a variety of delicious cheeses served in inventive ways. Guests can purchase any five cheese dishes from the official Global Marketplaces listed in the Festival Passport and collect a stamp for each cheese dish purchased. Once guests collect all five stamps, they can take the stamped Festival Passport to Shimmering Sips for a complimentary specialty cheesecake unique to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Other family activities on tap are Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt and the popular Candy Sushi interactive experience.
Other Festival Highlights
- 30 Global Marketplaces, plus additional locations across the festival, will present fresh flavors at a variety of marketplaces such as Africa, featuring the new Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloinwith sweet potato and corn mealie pap with Kachumbari slaw. At the Earth Eats marketplace, guests can dig into the new plant-based Cottage Pie with carrots, mushrooms and peas topped with mashed cauliflower and white beans.
- The back-by-demand Sunday Brunch with the Chef series in World Showplace Events Pavilion will kick off Sept. 1 with Chef Jamie Deen and continue on select Sundays through Nov. 17. The chef lineup includes Cat Cora, Carla Hall, Fabio Viviani, Andrew Zimmern, Buddy Valastro, Richard Blais, Robert Irvine, David Burtka, Graham Elliot and Aarti Sequeira.
- Tailgate Tasting hosted by ESPN’s Monday Night Football will be available select Sundays Sept. 8-Nov. 17. The 45-minute program will pair gridiron grub with a beverage tasting inspired by the cities of pro teams playing each Monday night. Guests will also learn how to prepare the dishes for their next tailgate party.
- “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops on select Mondays and Thursdays through Nov. 14 will offer new opportunities for guests to work side-by-side with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros.
- Popular TV chefs and other culinary icons will entertain guests and inspire their palates on select dates at festival seminars and other events. Big names on tap include Bryan Voltaggio, Kenny Gilbert, Jet Tila, Shaun O’Neale, Keegan Gerhard, Dan Pashman and Rock Harper.
- Book & Bottle Signings by some of the world’s top vintners and chefs will return on select dates this year, in addition to the popular The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar, hosted by Ghirardelli, offering guests samples.
- And don’t forget about the exciting new merchandise to commemorate the festival, as Chef Minnie will join Chef Mickey this year to bring a “sprinkle” of fun. This new merchandise line depicts those true originals busily making cupcakes and other delectable desserts with ingredients that include rose-gold accents and a little sparkle. Chef Minnie will also bring her sense of style to a new cupcake headband and other festival apparel. Guests can also celebrate the festival with returning favorites including the Taste Your Way Around the World, Brews, Figment, and Remy collections.
Many events are included in your Epcot admission price. Party for the Senses, Sunday Brunch with the Chef, Cheese Seminars and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. Reservations for special programming and premium festival events can be made by calling (407) WDW-FEST. More information can be found at TasteEpcot.com.
If you haven’t planned your vacation to this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, don’t dismay, there is still time and there are some decent fall discounts still available! Just Email me and we’ll get started!