Happy Win it Wednesday Giveaway Linky Day and Happy 24th birthday to my youngest son, Jordan! How did my kids get to be 24 and 26 years old?!?
When he was young, Jordan was my loveable, sluggish sloth. He wasn’t motivated, hated getting schoolwork or chores done but he was full of love, hugs, and cuddles. His brother introduced him to his passion, stage lighting design, when he was in high school, and he was a natural! Designing for summer camps, churches, concerts and musicals whenever he got the opportunity.
At age 18, after completing one year of college he headed off to the mission field. For three years he served the youth of America as part of a group, then called The 99 out of Tulsa, OK. During those 3 years he learned more about ministering to people, loving them where they are. He also did lots of physical labor, and he learned to love it. Joining The 99 was one of the best life decisions Jordan has made.
He came off the mission field and accepted a job at a large church here in town as technical director. He loves his job and the people he works with and the congregation he serves. When he was with The 99 he met a young lady, Savannah. Their friendship grew into love and they were married last September and bought a house down the street from us.
I have always said that our job as parents is to raise kids who are well-rounded, self-sufficient, productive citizens who love Jesus. I thank God that we have met that goal with both our boys! Homeschooling for 16 years, being very active in our church community, and having an amazing family supporting us got us to this goal. We couldn’t have done it alone. So thank you to everyone who has been there so far and…bring on the grandkids 😉
The Win It Wednesday Giveaway Linky Rules
1. Make sure the link is to the giveaway post, not the home page of your blog. Links to home pages will be deleted.
2. Put the end date in the title of your giveaway.
3. Link to an image of the prize, not your blog button.
4. No more than 3 giveaways per website per week please!
5. If you post a giveaway enter at least one giveaway someone else posted. This is just one way to play nice with others 🙂
6. Please add the Win It Wednesday badge (you can find it in my sidebar) to your giveaway, side bar, blog roll or linky parties page
7. Please share this linky via Facebook or Twitter
8. Get an email reminder about the Win it Wednesday Giveaway Linky!