Unless you have been living under a rock, you are probably aware that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World on August 29, 2019. This opening is expected to bring hoards of Star Wars fans to Central Florida this fall.
Earlier this month, Disney announced that Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6am for all guests on August 29-31. Those days are going to be extra crazy! As far as we know, there will be no Fastpasses available for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in the near future, so be prepared.
To help combat the crowds, Walt Disney World is unveiling Extra, Extra Magic Hours September 1- November 2nd. Extra Magic hours are one of the many perks for staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, and a few other select resorts. Current Extra Magic Hours take place on specific days before and/or after regular park hours.
Extra Extra Magic Hours
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios—including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land attractions and more—from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM daily (please note that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park—including Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park—from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM daily
- Magic Kingdom park—including favorites in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland—from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM daily
The Extra Magic Hour benefit is also available to Guests of Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Shades of Green® Resort, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Additional Resort Guest Benefits
- Fastpass+ planning 60 days in advance of trip.
- Free personalized Magic Bands.
- Complimentary transportation throughout the Disney property.
- Complimentary motor coach transportation between Orlando International Airport and your Disney resort.
- Complimentary parking at the theme parks.
- Entertainment-themed pools, outdoor movie nights, and other activities.
If you are ready to start planning your fall Walt Disney World vacation please Email Me and we will get started.