Greetings from Walt Disney World and happy Win it Wednesday Giveaway Linky Day! Yes, we are on vacation again 🙂 This is supposed to be our annual family Disney vacation but…this year it is just Ron and I. Years ago this tradition started with my parents, Ron, the boys, and me. My parents stopped joining us about 10 years ago.
Then 8 years ago we started meeting up with friends we had met in a now-defunct Disney chatroom. In 2010 we vacationed with friends with screen names Frennin and Oom. Over the last 10 years Princess Aurora, Kev75, Chickenhair, RobW, DisneyKymie and others have joined us in December, They have traveled from The UK, Canada, Philadelphia, and other parts of the US. This year we did meet up with Kev75 and his family on Sunday at Animal Kingdom but they were the only ones who could travel at this time.
We are traveling with a heavy heart because Frennin’s husband, Pebby, passed away last week from esophageal cancer. It was a short, unexpected battle and we are all missing him. We have become our own Disney Family and we have met up in person and online for over 10 years. We have celebrated the births of Kev75’s 2 daughters, and Frennin’s 2 grandchildren, as well as the weddings of my 2 sons. The day after my father passed away in November 2015 we were scheduled to meet up with Frennin and her family and Oom in the Magic Kingdom. It had been a rough week and we decided we needed a day in the Most Magical Place on Earth so we went. I appreciated my Disney Family being there for me that day. Above is the only picture we took that day, the last time we visited with Michelle and Pebby (wearing the Mickey Mouse shirt).
The Win It Wednesday Giveaway Linky Rules
1. Make sure the link is to the giveaway post, not the home page of your blog. Links to home pages will be deleted.
2. Put the end date in the title of your giveaway.
3. Link to an image of the prize, not your blog button.
4.No more than 3 giveaways per website per week please!
5. If you post a giveaway enter at least one giveaway someone else posted. This is just one way to play nice with others 🙂
6. Please add the Win It Wednesday badge (you can find it in my sidebar) to your giveaway, side bar, blog roll or linky parties page
7. Please share this linky via Facebook or Twitter
8. Get an email reminder about Win it Wednesday