Last Tuesday while Ron and I were on our Orlando vacation, we had the opportunity to ride the ICON Orlando 360. It is the centerpiece of the 18-acre ICON Orlando 360 dining and entertainment complex, ICON Orlando captivates guests with an experience like no other. One of the tallest observation wheels in the world, the 400-foot ICON Orlando provides riders with a bird’s-eye view of Central Florida. Its gentle rotation allows time to take in the Central Florida landscape, and enjoy meaningful time with friends and family for the holidays. In addition, SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium, Madame Tussauds Orlando, SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology and the all-new StarFlyer Orlando provided added entertainment.
I was surprised at how readily Ron agreed to accompany me since he has a bit of a fear of heights. My fear isn’t of heights but of falling so I was pretty sure I’d be fine in the ICON Orlando 360 capsule. We boarded our capsule for the approximately 20 minute ride and never had a problem. The observation wheel rotates so slowly you don’t really realize you are moving, the capsule is very stable. As I was doing my Facebook live (below) I had comments from friends how they would never try it but I assure you, you can do it! We enjoyed having this unique vantage point of the Orlando area. We hope to come back in the future and visit Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Orlando.
Located in the heart of Orlando’s International Drive entertainment district, ICON Orlando 360 is home to an array of unique dining experiences. From authentic Spanish and Mexican fare to traditional American eats, ICON Orlando 360 offers selections to please any palate. Nightly live music, shopping venues and a central courtyard with fountain and choreographed water displays, complement the experience. “Whether entertaining out-of-town guests, toasting the holidays with friends or co-workers, or looking for an iconic Orlando vacation experience, these new offers deliver memorable moments and substantial savings,” said Cindy Dykman, director of sales and marketing at ICON Orlando 360.
ICON Orlando 360 New Seasonal Experiences:
- Holiday Friends & Family Pass – (Groups of Three or More) – Share the experience with your loved ones this holiday. A group of three riders on ICON Orlando pays less than $22.00 per person, per rotation and can fly during any time of the day or night. For groups of more than three riders, the admission price drops to just $14.99 per additional rider, compared to the listed $29.99/adult and $24.99/child general admission pricing.
- Fly Before 4 and Save – Take a flight on ICON Orlando before 4 p.m. and pay just $14.99 per person, per rotation – a savings of $15.00 per standard adult and $10.00 per standard child admission rates. (*Block out dates include Nov. 24 & 25 and Dec. 24, 2018-Jan. 1, 2019.)
- Florida Residents Anytime Flight – Florida residents riding ICON Orlando enjoy a savings of 25 percent with prices at $19.99 for adults and $14.99 for children when purchased online.
- Sky Bar 360 – ICON Orlando now offers private Sky Bar 360 beverage capsules for up to 10 guests, starting at just $29 per person. An ideal experience for a holiday gathering of friends and colleagues, Sky Bar 360 capsules include options for a bottomless selection of beer and/or wine plus two full rotations (44 minutes) on ICON Orlando. Beer options include Bud Light, Corona and Blue Moon with wine offerings including an array of white, red, sparkling, and Prosecco. Guests of the Sky Bar 360 capsules must be 21 years or older. Customization for quantity and selection of beverage offerings is available upon request. (Not available Dec. 31).
- Holiday Light Show – More than 64,000 LED lights will bring the tallest observation wheel on the east coast of the United States to life in a kaleidoscopic 10-minute show, synchronized to a festive holiday soundtrack. The light show runs Nov. 17, 2018-Jan. 6, 2019 (Sun.-Thurs. at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m., 9 p.m. and
- Fly & Dine – Announced in October, Fly & Dine includes one flight aboard ICON Orlando, along with a choice of dinner options at seven of ICON Orlando 360’s fast casual and full-service restaurants. The set menu options start at just $32 for fast casual or $45 for full-service dining at participating restaurants, including Sugar Factory Orlando, Tin Roof Orlando, Tapa Toro Spanish Restaurant, UNO Pizzeria & Grill and others.
- New Year’s Eve – Exciting plans are underway for an iconic New Year’s Eve celebration at ICON Orlando 360. More information will be announced soon!
For more information on how to purchase tickets and to view the all-new options, visit Iconorlando.com. Guests are encouraged to share their experience on social using the hashtag #ICONOrlando360.