I didn’t plan on doing two pasta recipes in a row but, the pork recipe I made was a failure! I don’t have many failures but that one was so while I go back to the drawing board with that recipe, I decided an easy pasta recipe always hits the spot. Today I bring you 3 Cheese Chicken Ziti Casserole. I actually found the basis for this recipe on Pinterest, but it was a hot mess of a poorly written recipe. It was a jumping off point for this flavorful, easy recipe.
This recipe includes 1 pound of cooked and cubed chicken breasts. There are 3 easy ways to accomplish this 1. Buy a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket and chop it up, 2. Make it in your crockpot, 3. Grill up some chicken breasts and cut them up. Make sure you do this in advance. The chicken prep time is not a part of this recipe so please plan ahead.
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken breast see blog post for 3 easy ways to do this
- 1 lb ziti
- 45 oz pasta sauce I use Ragu
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning divided
- Cook the ziti in a large pot following directions on the box, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour 1/2 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, spread to cover.
- Place 1/2 of the cooked ziti on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella on top of the ziti.
- Place 1/2 of the chicken cubes on top of the cheese.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp garlic powder on sauce.
- Repeat the layers-ziti, Mozzarella, chicken, sauce, spices.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
- Top with the slices of Provolone.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!