I want to start with a disclaimer…these photos are awful! This meal is delicious but the colors are terrible and no amount of lighting or editing can make this meal look nearly as appealing as it tastes. I am sorry for the photos but when chicken and pineapple sit in a crockpot with barbecue sauce for hours the result isn’t so pretty. These photos are the best of all the ones I took so, please overlook them.
While I was trying to come up with what to have for dinner on a day I didn’t want to leave the house, I had to get creative. I defrosted some chicken breasts as I hunted my poorly stocked for other ingredients. This Crockpot Pineapple Barbecue Chicken with a side of Vigo Yellow Rice was a delicious meal that was simple to make with just a few pantry staples.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 20 oz can pineapple rings
- 12 oz Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- Spray the bottom and sides of your crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Cover the bottom of the crockpot with some of the barbecue sauce.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- Place the pineapple rings on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Pour the pineapple juice from the can over the barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
It doesn’t get much easier than that. The barbecue sauce and pineapple combine to make a delicious, tangy dish. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!