Who knew that the easiest way to make chicken salad was to start in your crockpot? My husband and son aren’t big chicken salad fans so I knew I would be pushing it with this recipe. They both love my Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken so I thought I’d give this easy crockpot recipe a try. Jordan wasn’t home the night I made this so he never got to try this versatile dish.
- 3-4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 oz sour cream/mayonnaise/yogurt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Pour water in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Place the chicken in the water.
- Sprinkle the Ranch dressing on the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Just before taking the chicken out, cook and crumble the bacon.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it using 2 forks.
- Place the shredded chicken back in the crockpot along with the cheese, bacon, and sour cream/mayonnaise/yogurt.
- Serve on a bun or as a dip with crackers.
You can choose if you want to use sour cream, mayonnaise, or yogurt as your chicken salad base. Each choice changes the flavor of the dish. Use whichever one suits your family's tastes.
This recipe makes sandwiches or can be used as a dip. I actually prefer it as a dip. It is versatile so enjoy it however it suits you and your family. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!