I love easy meals I can cook in my crockpot. Even with just 3 of us at home, it is just easier to toss dinner in the crockpot and let it cook all day. After the success with my 3 Envelope Crockpot Roast, I thought it was time to try a new roast combination. Again, I searched for recipes and then decided to create my own based on other recipes I had found. This one is so easy, it takes literally seconds to prepare!
After I had the roast cooking for a few hours Jordan informed me he was working late that night and wouldn’t be home for dinner. Since I had a 3.5 pound roast in the crockpot I called my mother-in-law and asked if they had dinner plans. She said they didn’t so we brought dinner over to their house. We were able to spend some time visiting and enjoying a delicious meal before we played Farkle.
4 Ingredient Pot Roast
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg dry au jus mix
- 6 TBS unsalted butter
- Pour the water into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the roast on top of the water.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing packet over the roast, covering well.
- Sprinkle the au jus packet over the ranch dressings, also covering well.
- Cut the butter into 3-4 slices and place it on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- The roast can be sliced or shredded before serving.
This recipe was a huge hit. It is so easy to make and it tastes delicious! The ranch and au jus meld together nicely with the butter for a smooth and creamy flavor. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!