I have been adding more and more Asian flavors to my cooking. So far, hubby and I have liked most of them. I don’t know about you but I find it easy to get in a food rut. I’ve been challenging myself to try new flavors and cooking methods, expanding both my palate and my cooking skills. One of my best friends is Chinese and he is always sending me links to foods I should try. Many of them will never touch my lips, like the century egg, but others I’m warming up to.
Marinated and Pan Fried Korean Pork Chop Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 TBS honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 TBS sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 thin boneless pork chops
- 2 TBS sesame oil
- In a bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Reserve 1/3 cup marinade for use during cooking. Refrigerate until needed.
- Pour the remaining marinade in a quart size zippy bag.
- Place the pork chops in the bag, seal bag, massage to coat chops.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator 2-24 hours.
- Remove chops from fridge an hour before cooking so they can warm to room temperature.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add sesame oil to pan. When oil gets wavy add pork chops to the pan.
- Pour some of the marinade from the bag onto the chops, then discard the bag.
- Cook pork chops about 6 minutes, until they are browned on one side.
- Flip the chops over and pour the reserved marinade onto them.
- Cook for an additional 6 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
It is a pretty easy recipe and I am getting better at pan frying!
I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. Please share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!