This zesty marinade for chicken came out of some trial and error but it is now a favorite. We use a lot of bottled marinades on out chicken and pork. They are delicious and we have our favorites but I’ve been doing some experimenting and coming up with some new-to-us flavors. I concocted this zesty chicken marinade for our Independence Day celebration with my husband’s side of the family. They loved my Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken with Grilled Pineapples for our last celebration and asked me for something new.
Wishbone Italian Dressing is the base for this marinade. I often marinate my pork chops in just this dressing, nothing else, so I knew it would make a great base. I added some soy sauce, crushed red pepper and garlic powder and voila! I have a new marinade.
Zesty Chicken Marinade
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup Wishbone Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- In a small bowl combine the dressing, soy sauce and spices.
- Place chicken in a quart size zippy bag.
- Pour marinade in bag and seal.
- Massage the bag to ensure all of the chicken is covered in marinade.
- Place bag in refrigerator, lying flat for 2-24 hours. Flip and massage the bag every few hours.
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Place chicken on aluminium foil on the grill.
- Discard the leftover marinade.
- Grill chicken 6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from foil and grill on the grate 2 minutes per side.
- When internal chicken temperature reaches 400° remove from grill and serve.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with aluminium foil.
- Place chicken in pan.
- Drizzle half of remaining marinade on chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and drizzle the rest of the marinade on.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
This recipe can be easily doubled.
I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!