I love a tasty pasta salad, especially in the spring and summer. We have a classic pasta salad that we’ve been making for years. While I love that pasta salad I thought I’d create a new one for our Memorial Day/May Birthday cookout and pool party. I have to be honest, some family members were not happy when they heard I was deviating from the norm, but the new, creamy pasta salad was met with rave reviews.
I have to admit that this Creamy Parmesan Ranch Pasta Salad ended up differently than I had planned. My original vision called for Peppercorn Ranch salad dressing but after searching 3 grocery stores I had to go for my second choice which was Parmesan Ranch salad dressing.
- 1 16 oz box Rotini Pasta
- 1 cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 1/2 cups Hidden Valley Parmesan Ranch Dressing divided
- 1 cup French's French Fried Onions
- **black olives or cut up cherry tomatoes would also be a nice addition to this dish
- Cook the entire box of pasta in a large pot following the directions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry up the bacon.
- Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water until all of the pasta is cooled.
- Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Once the bacon has cooled chop it into small pieces and stir it into the pasta.
- Stir in 1 cup of salad dressing.
- Gently stir in cucumber chunks and/or olives and tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in additional 1/2 cup of salad dressing and onions.
This recipe is so easy! I find it best to make it the night before the party and keep it in the fridge until it is time to serve. I hope you enjoy all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this page. Thanks!