One of my favorite events at Walt Disney World is Night of Joy. Why? It combines tow of my favorite things, Christian music and Disney! I have been attending the event off and on since it began in 1983! For 30 of its 32 years, Night of Joy has been held at the Magic Kingdom. In 2008-2009 it moved to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. For 2016 it is moving again and so far the reaction is mixed. This fall, Night of Joy will be held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World.
- More of a festival feel
- Indoor and outdoor venues
- Seating at venues
- More affordable pricing
- No Magic Kingdom attractions
- Less of an outreach event. Unsaved friends will come for a trip to Magic Kingdom but not to a Christian concert.
- No Dole Whip
- There is just something special about worshiping Jesus in front of the castle.
One youth pastor told me they won’t attend Night of Joy if it isn’t in a theme park. The kids like the mix of rides and concerts. Personally, I understand that a lot of people don’t like change and I too like attending in the theme park because you can catch a few rides with shorter than normal wait times! To help quench your need for rides Disney is offering ticket options that include admission to 1 theme park and Night of Joy at a discounted rate.
2016 Night of Joy Ticket Prices
- A single-night, concert only ticket for Friday, Sept. 9 – $39 plus tax (in advance); $45 the day of the show (if available).
- A single-night concert and one-day Disney theme park ticket (valid for one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks) for Saturday, Sept. 10 – $99 plus tax (in advance); $114 plus tax the day of the show (if available).*
- A two-night concert ticket (which includes Friday and Saturday nights’ concerts and one-day Disney theme park ticket (valid for one of the four Walt Disney World Resort theme parks) – $119 plus tax (in advance).*
- Group tickets are also available for groups of 10 or more.
* The one-day Disney theme park ticket is only valid for Saturday, Sept 10.
2016 Night of Joy Artists
Friday, September 9, 2016 – “Praise & Worship” Night
- Casting Crowns
- Chris Tomlin
- Francesca Battistelli
- Matthew West
- Stars Go Dim
- Zealand Worship
Saturday, September 10, 2016 – “Rock and Pop” Night
- for King & Country
- Young & Free
HP Field House
- Thousand Foot Krutch
- Tim Timmons
Please note: Artists and schedule are subject to change without notice.
In addition to the concerts there will also be other activities lending to more of a music festival feel.
- Expo with a variety of vendors
- Tasty food and beverage options—including Food Trucks
- Talent Spotlight Competition
- Youth Leader Lounge with food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Family Activity Zone
- Premium reserved seating upgrade option with commemorative lanyard and pin
To plan your trip to Night of Joy to get started.