Today we start our 3 weeks of Cinco de Mayo recipe ideas. I have been making this Taco Bake recipe forever. I cut it out of a magazine and taped it on an index card. I have no idea what magazine to credit because that was a long time ago. This is one of Jordan’s favorite meals and I don’t make it that often anymore, it fell out of rotation because mom was tired of it. I need to make it more often while he is back home because I’m sure I won’t have him here for more than a few more years.
Instead of tortillas or taco shells this dish has a biscuit crust! That is a switch from most Mexican styled recipes. If you are looking for something easy and kid-friendly for Cinco de Mayo, or just another Tuesday dinner, this Taco Bake is the answer.
- 8 Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 8 oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
- Add the tomato paste, taco seasoning and water to the meat and mix well.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Press the biscuits into the bottom of a 9x9" baking dish, sealing up the edges of the biscuits by pinching them together.
- Pour the meat mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Serve with a salad or grilled veggies.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!