I’m back with another Cinco de Mayo recipe idea! I found a Taco Pie Recipe on the Kraft website, it was basic but it was enough to give me a jumping off point. I tweaked the recipe and then tweaked it again and I think this recipe is ready for you now. We all enjoy this recipe, it takes about an hour total to make so it isn’t as quick as just making tacos, but I think you’ll like this twist.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 15 oz jar salsa-you choose mild medium or hot
- 6 oz loose frozen corn, thawed
- 9 to rtillas 6"
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Brown the ground beef & chili powder. Drain the grease.
- Add the corn and salsa and cook for 5 minutes, mixing well.
- In the bottom of a 1 1/2 or 2 quart casserole dish, place 3 tortillas, overlapping as necessary to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Cover tortillas with 3/4 cup meat mixture.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add another layer of 3 tortillas, 3/4 cup meat and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add a third layer of 3 tortillas, the rest of the meat and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve topped with sour cream.
This is so tasty, I can’t wait to make it again. This is now a staple in my meal planning rotation. I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think. Will you use Mild, Medium or Hot salsa? Next time I’ll be using medium.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!