I warned you last week that I was on a pasta kick. This meal was great this week because our weather turned chilly again! The last days of winter we were in the low 80s, once spring arrived we plummeted to the 50s! For Florida, mid March that is cold. Comfort food is good any time of year, but it is especially good when the mercury drops and we need to warm up from the inside out. We all enjoyed my Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Pasta with Jordan giving it especially high marks for being flavorful but not spicy.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 packet Dry Italian Dressing Mix
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 16 oz Bow Tie Farfalle pasta
- Spray the interior of the crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Cut the chicken into 1" cubes.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the dry Italian dressing mix over the chicken.
- Pour both cans of soup into the crockpot.
- Cut the cream cheese into 4 pieces and place them in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- **If you are home, stir the mixture at about 2 hours into the cooking time to incorporate the cream cheese**
- /2 hours into the cook time, cook the pasta following the directions on the box.
- Drain the pasta.
- Fold the pasta into the mixture in the crockpot.
- Sprinkle Italian blend cheese on top of the contents in the crockpot.
- Place the lid back on and cook for 10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!
These crockpot recipes might interest you too!
Click on the image to see the recipe.