In case you hadn’t noticed, we have a bit of a Buffalo Chicken obsession at our house. I make several different Buffalo Chicken meals and a dip! We also go out for wings a few times a month. Originally I had a pasta recipe scheduled to make this week but we have had A LOT of pasta this week so I had to search for something different. Since I had the ingredients for this recipe on hand it was time to put my own spin on it.
This Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets recipe was easy to make and not too time consuming. Since the nuggets are baked they are a bit healthier than if they were deep fried. Of course, we ate them with deep fried french fries so…there goes that healthy choice! When all was said and done these nuggets had mild heat. If you want it a bit spicier, you can always dip the cooked nuggets in more Buffalo wing sauce.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Cups Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice the chicken into small cubes/nuggets.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Set out 3 small bowls for the breading process. Pour the Buttermilk, Wing Sauce, and Panko each in a different bowl.
- Working with about 4 nuggets at a time, work down the line. Dip them in Buttermilk, then Wing Sauce, then Panko and onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
Pretty easy, right? We loved them and I will add this recipe to our monthly meal plan rotation. They would be great for a party or snacking on while watching a sporting event on TV too.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!