This week I made Peppermint Hot Chocolate at home using Neilsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract. The cocoa was delicious and if Jordan and I didn’t show some restraint we could have drunk the entire batch, it was so good. The peppermint was just right, not too overpowering.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened quality cocoa powder Dutch processed
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
- Place over medium-low heat and gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half until combined.
- Stirring occasionally, heat to desired temperature, being careful not to let the mixture boil.
- Stir in pure vanilla, peppermint and chocolate extracts.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!