You know how much I love an easy crockpot recipe. When I came across a recipe that included cornbread and chicken in a crockpot, I had to give it a try! I adore cornbread so I love the idea of coating chicken in cornbread before cooking it. This recipe is easy to make and one your whole family will enjoy.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 1/2 oz pkg cornbread mix
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 TBS oil
- Spray the interior of the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large zippy bag combine the cornbread mix and the ranch dressing packet.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken breasts, one at a time, into the milk then place it in the bag and shake well to coat.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- Drizzle a little oil on top of each piece of chicken when you put it in.
- If you need to create a second layer, stagger the breasts.
- Cover, cook on low for 4 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and place under the broiler to allow the cornbread to brown. Watch carefully so that it doesn't burn.
My husband and I both loved this recipe and I can’t wait to make it again! I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!