This recipe has an odd name. I’ve researched it and yup it is known as Hurry Chicken or Chicken Hurry. The odd thing about that is that it isn’t a quick recipe. It cooks for over an hour if you are using bone-in chicken. It is very quick to prep so that is maybe where the name origin came from. Anyways, it is a very easy recipe made from pantry staples.
- 4 pieces of chicken I use boneless breasts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In medium bowl mix together sugar, ketchup, water and soup mix.
- Place chicken in casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake. Bone in 1 1/2 hours, Boneless 45 minutes
Isn’t that simple? My husband likes this recipe, for me it was just ok. I am not a huge onion fan so that is why I wasn’t as fond of this recipe. It has lots of flavor and is easy to make so that is a great thing. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!