On our recent trip to Walt Disney World we made sure to visit the new Harambe Market at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for lunch. This African themed “food court” opened at the end of May and is a welcome addition to Animal Kingdom. Designed to look like a Colonial-era train depot, complete with water tower, the area truly makes you feel like you are not in a theme park but in a distant foreign land.
The Harambe Market is located in the Africa area of the park, on your way to Asia near the pathway to the Rafiki’s Planet Watch train station. Inside the main Harambe Market area there are four food stalls and 200+ seats, most of them shaded by umbrellas.
- Grilled Chicken Skewer served with roasted broccoli and tomato salad
- All Beef Gyro Flatbread served with roasted broccoli and tomato salad
- Kid’s Grilled Chicken Skewer with a choice of 2 sides and a drink
- Boerewors Sausage fried in a Curry Corn Batter served with roasted broccoli and tomato salad
- Grilled Vegetable Stack served with Herb Pesto and Chickpea Salad
- Kid’s Corn Dog with a choice of 2 sides and a drink
- Spice Rubbed Karubi Ribs with Green Papaya-Carrot Slaw and chickpea/cucumber/tomato salad
- Kid’s Karubi Ribs with a choice of 2 sides and a drink
- A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for weary travelers.
We chose to get the Spice Rubbed Karubi Ribs from Chef Mwanga’s. While we were not a fan of the salad, the ribs were delicious with just the right amount of kick. There was plenty of meat for the 2 of us to share this plate of ribs. Next time I’d like to maybe try the All Beef Gyro Flatbread. The prices at the Harambe Market range $19.99 and under for adults so it is a well-prices counter service dining option at Animal Kingdom.
Which entree would you like to try on your next trip to Animal Kingdom?