Growing up, my mom often served us pork chops with stuffing and apple sauce, I really need to get that recipe from her…hmmmmm. Anyway, that was one of only 2 ways I remember eating pork chops as a kid. Over the years we have developed some of our own family favorites like Italian Pork Chops , Glazed Pork Chops and Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops. It was time to try something new so after reading some stuffed pork chop recipes, I came up with this one which uses our favorite Boar’s Head Chipotle Gouda Cheese.
- 4 ounces of cheese shredded (I use Boar's Head Chipotle Gouda
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 2" thick center cut, bone-in pork chops
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, bacon and pepper.
- Create a pocket in the pork chops by laying the chop on a cutting board and with a sharp knife help parallel to the board, cut into the chop going all the way to the bone but leaving the sides intact.
- Fill the pocket with the cheese mixture.
- Secure the pocket with a toothpick.
- Brush the meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill.
- Grill the chops over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 145°. Be careful not to overcook.
Ron and I both enjoyed these pork chops, even though he did overcook them a bit. Next time I might try cooking them in the oven. I love that you can change up the type of cheese to suit your individual tastes. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!