OMG! As you can tell by the name of this post, I think this is the Best Chicken Casserole Ever! I couldn’t figure out a good name for it so, I went with the obvious. What would you call a casserole that includes potatoes, cheese, bacon, chicken and hot sauce? It is like eating wings and bacon cheese fries except it is a bit healthier because the chicken is skinless and everything is baked not fried. Are you salivating yet? I am!
I made this for dinner last week and even though it should feed at least 4 people, hubby and I ate it all and wanted more! OMG it is sooooo good. I cannot wait to make it again. This will probably be a monthly entry into my menu plan rotation because we both loved it.
The Best Chicken Casserole Ever
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8-10 medium potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS fresh ground pepper
- 1 TBS paprika
- 1 TBS crushed garlic
- 6 TBS Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Line a 13x9" pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Cube the potatoes into 3/4" cubes, with the skin on.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Add the cubed potatoes and stir to coat well.
- Use a slotted spoon to move potatoes to the baking dish, leaving as much sauce as possible in the bowl.
- Make sure the potatoes are in one layer in the baking dish.
- Cube the chicken into 3/4" cubes.
- Add the cubed chicken to the remaining sauce in the bowl.
- Stir to mix well and allow to marinate while potatoes are cooking.
- Bake the potatoes for 30-35 minutes, until crispy on the outside but cooked on the inside, stirring every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking, fry up the bacon and set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
- Add the chicken and remaining sauce to the potatoes.
- In another bowl, mix together the cheese and the crumbled bacon.
- Top the chicken with the cheese mixture.
- Bake 30 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Yes, this recipe is a tad bit more complicated than my usual recipes but it really isn’t difficult at all, just time consuming. I promise you, the results are worth it! I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!