A few weeks ago the youth group at church held their annual fundraiser, a spaghetti dinner and cake auction. I was asked to provide a cake for the auction. Last year I made my Brownie Sundae Cheesecake. That recipe is a little bit more involved and because we had a wedding the day before the auction, I had to opt for something easy, yet unique. I searched through some cookbooks and found a cheesecake I could tweak a bit to make my own.
My friend, Melissa won my cheesecake for a $20 bid! She shared it with several church friends and it received rave reviews all around. Severla people were sucking up to me or reminding me that their birthday was coming up in a ploy to get me to make them their own Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake. I’ll call that reaction a success!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 pkg 8-oz cream cheese softened
- 1 store-bought graham cracker pie crust
- 1 pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Place 6-8 round teaspoonfuls of cookie dough in a circle around the pie crust
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs
- Mix until just blended
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie plate, covering the dough balls.
- Make 13 more small cookie dough balls and set 12 of them around the outside edge on top of the cheesecake and one in the center.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.
If I were serving this at home, I would drizzle chocolate sauce over the slices before serving. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!