I am not usually a fan of link sausages, I’m not sure why but, they just aren’t my favorite. On two separate occasions I have been served chorizo sausage and I liked it, much to my surprise. Now that I am cooking for two, I have been looking for easier meals and some of what I am finding are skillet meals. I made this Chorizo Skillet Dinner a few weeks ago and my husband loved it, I was not so excited. The sausage was a bit too spicy for me but it turned out well and Ron liked it so that is still a win in my book!
- 2 TBS oil
- 8 oz package Vigo Yellow Rice
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 15 oz can of corn drained
- 12 oz chorizo sausage casing removed and diced
- 3 cups water
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat pour the water and the oil
- Add the package of rice and stir well
- Bring to a boil then add the tomatoes, corn and sausage
- Reduce heat to medium, cover tightly and let cook for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally
- Fluff rice with a fork before serving.
I’ll make this again when the kids are home because I am sure they will like this meal. They are both sausage and spicy food fans so this is right up there alley. I love that it is an easy one skillet dinner. I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!