While I was able to source my ingredients locally and I used Essential Oils that I already had on hand, you may not be able to do that. I will add links to where you can order each of the items used in the recipe.
DIY Lavender and Tea Tree Body Wash with Coconut Oil
This recipe makes one pint of body wash. Store your body wash in a glass container.
- 8 oz Dr. Bronner’s Fair Trade & Organic Castile Liquid Soap
- 8 oz Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 10 drops Young Living Tea Tree Oil
- 15 drops Young Living Lavender Oil
- Pour all ingredients into a pint sized glass bottle or mason jar.
- Shake well.
- This body wash becomes a very creamy mixture. Just scoop out a bit and place it on your wash cloth or bath poof. It doesn’t lather a lot but it leaves my skin clean and moisturized.
It’s really that easy. I got my Castile soap and my coconut oil on sale so my pint cost me $7.98 which is about what I was paying for body wash and I have plenty of all 4 ingredients left for other recipes. Using the links above one pint would cost $13.28 which is more than my old drug store brand but at least you have the peace of mind that everything in this body wash is safe and good for your skin.
You can use any Young Living Essential Oils you would like in this DIY body wash. I would caution against the use of the citrus oils because they are photosensitive and you should avoid the sun when using citrus oils topically. I chose Tea Tree oil because it nourishes your skin and I chose Lavender for its balancing and relaxing properties.
If you don’t want to pay the retail Young Living prices listed at the links above, visit my Young Living page here on my site to learn how to become a wholesale member.