If you are a long time reader you know that we have braved both the Monstrous Summer All-Nighter and the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour party at the Magic Kingdom. If you aren’t familiar with those events go ahead and click the links and look around before you keep reading. A few days ago Disney Announced the Coolest Summer Ever promotion which will kick off May 22-23 at the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure.
Memorial Day weekend is the traditional start of family vacation time, and Walt Disney World Resort will launch into the season full force. The Magic Kingdom will be open 24 hours to guests from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday May 22 to Saturday, May 23*. Guests will be invited to come in costume to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, plus food and beverage are on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort. The around-the-clock celebration features Disney character greetings, dance parties and surprises into the wee hours of the night.
Our gang is already gearing up,and praying for cooler weather than last year. Unfortunately Disney didn’t move this event to a cooler time of the year so we need to prepare better. One thing we are planning to do this year is to park hop. Last year the Magic Kingdom was wall-to-wall people, especially from 10am-10pm. WE will still be spending about 12 hours in the Magic Kingdom but we will also hop to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in an attempt to miss some of the crazy crowds.
After the Memorial Day weekend kick-off, the Coolest Summer Ever continues with Olaf as the official host, Walt Disney World guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks.
Some of the highlights:
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.
- Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Don’t-miss attractions include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Weekends – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.
For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver and subscribe to The Mom Maven for all of the latest updates! Will you be at this year’s 24 hour party? Let me know, I’d love to meet up! Do you think we are crazy for going again, let me know that too!