Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
In our home, my husband currently does about 90% of the grocery shopping. We are both self employed but his job takes him out and about daily, while there are days I never leave the house. Right now, this arrangement works great for both of us. I do the meal planning and deal finding and then I give him the list and he does the shopping. Due to the fact that neither of us have consistent income or paydays, we grocery shop every day or two and just buy what we need for those meals. It can be a pain but it is how our budget works. In the past, I would keep a running list on a notepad on the fridge. It worked, except when hubby forgot to grab it. Fortunately, there are sites like Wadav that allow shopping to be convenient.
Last year, hubby finally got an iPhone and we tried several grocery list apps to find one that worked for us. We have been using AnyList for quite a while now and I thought I’d share this app with you.
Why We Love AnyList
- Ease of Use-Type in what you need to buy, if it isn’t already saved in the app you can add it. Click on “tap to add note” to add a note such as a specific size or amount of an item.
- iOS-I have it on my iPhone5s and in my iPadAir and my husband has it on his iPhone5s
- Shared Lists-We have a shared list so I can add what we need to the list and it updates on my husband’s phone and send him an alert. I can add items at anytime, when I remember them. This is a wonderful feature of a FREE app! When Ron is at the store he just clicks on an item when he puts it in the cart and it is removed from the list.
- No More Fumbling-My husband says it is so much easier to manage his phone and a cart full of groceries than it was to do it with a paper list and a pen.
- Sorted by Department-AnyList automatically sorts the list by department making shopping easier. If you add an item just click on the “i” on the right hand side to add the department.
- Never Forget-The list is always with you, assuming you always carry your iPhone with you.
You can also store your recipes in AnyList and then click on the ingredients that you need to ad to your shopping list! That is quite a game changer for a FREE app.
This list has truly made our lives easier. The day Aaron and Summer got home from their honeymoon Aaron texted me and asked me “What is the name of that grocery list app you guys use?” He knew how handy it was for us and he wanted to make his new life easier too so they both got AnyList as well.
AnyList is only available for iOS so if you want this awesomeness you need to get rid of that Android or Windows phone. Have you tried AnyList? What is your favorite grocery list app? I’d love to know.