When we homeschooled I always tried to make Valentine’s Day extra special for my kids. Since they didn’t have a class full of kids to share Valentines with I often made a special breakfast and we usually did some extra fun activities throughout the day. We also used that day to try to do some acts of service for others to show them that we love them. Often that meant some extra time volunteering at the church doing some cleaning or organizing.
This year Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday so moms and dads can slow down a bit and make something special for breakfast to show their family that they care. One food type that I have seen a lot of on Pinterest lately is a braid made with crescent roll dough and stuffed. I have had several recipes of that type pinned for a while so I thought I’d create a Valentine’s Day Breakfast Braid. It was quick and easy to make and everyone loved it!
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 6 fresh Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 can whipped cream
- 1/2-3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Slice up the strawberries and the banana
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Roll out the dough onto the pan and spread out thin
- Using a pizza cutter cut strips approximately 1" apart on either side of the dough, leaving a 4" center strip uncut.
- Spread the Nutella down the center strip.
- Evenly distribute the banana and strawberry slices on top of the Nutella.
- Fold the ends of the dough in to prevent leaking.
- Starting at one end "braid" the dough by placing the strips over the stuffing alternating sides.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until dough is golden brown.
- Slice and serve with extra strawberry slices and whipped cream on top.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!